General Sale Terms
- Orders usually ship within 1 business day (except holidays or any other days announced as delayed)
- Once an order is marked as Shipped and tracking is provided, it cannot be modified or cancelled
- Consecutive orders shipped to the same address may be combined for shipping
- We are not responsible for incomplete or invalid shipping addresses - the shipping address should only contain english characters (we cannot guarantee unicode or other characters will print correctly on the shipping label)
Cancelling an order - wrong items ordered - partial refunds
- Once an order is Processed and/or Shipped it cannot be cancelled and we cannot issue refunds, it has to go through the return process, read section below
- If you made some mistakes in your order, you must immediately contact us to increase your chance of exchanging the item or getting a refund, before it ships
- If you need to cancel part of an order you must also immediately reach out to us and see if your order is still pending
We take pride in the quality of our products and want to ensure a positive experience and customer satisfaction is a priority. However due to the nature of our products, returns will be limited as outlined below. Please ensure you understand the products and their options before you order.
Generally all products are tested before shipping to ensure a their functionality and LowPowerLab will warrant against any DOA or faulty hardware.
Most apparent DOA issues are resolved when instructions are followed. Please also check the forum for common issues and solutions, most apparent issues may already have been discussed/resolved.
- DOA (defective on arrival) can be returned for exchange or repair. You have 30 days from original purchase date to return any defective product, 45 days for international orders. We will refund the shipping charge once we receive the return and confirm the item is eligible for a return
- Wrong Item shipped: same as above
- Wrong item ordered: LowPowerLab reserves the right to accept returns of items ordered by mistake on a case by case basis (user meant to order something else or wrong product options selected). A $3 + 15% restocking fee will apply. Shipping charges are non-refundable
- If there is a hardware fault or legitimate DOA product LowPowerLab reserves the right to repair or replace the product, or refund the purchase price. The defective unit has to be returned in like-new condition within the time window mentioned above
- We cannot accept returned products that are: (ab)used, damaged, or obsolete (newer version released)
LowPowerLab is a limited liability company incorporated in Michigan, United States, and hence required to collect sales tax on Michigan bound orders.
Michigan Sales Tax: a sales tax of 6% is only applied to orders shipped to a Michigan address. For all other orders the customer is responsible to report/submit any sales/use tax on their own when required by their state or local government.
Major credit/debit cards securely processed by :
This site is HTTPS secured end-to-end and does not capture and store any credit card or financial information, it is only used to be encrypted and passed (also via HTTPS) to Stripe for processing.
Stripe is a solid platform and we have had zero issues with fraud or anything else that should cause concern. Hence this is the default and recommended method of payment.
When using direct card payments, you will be required to provide:
- card's billing street address
- card's billing zip/area code
- card's CVC
- Two out of three checks above are required for a transaction to be successful, otherwise the transaction is rejected by your card's issuing bank. Ensure each of these are identical to your card's billing address!
(you will be redirected to Paypal site to make the payment, then returned back for confirmation).
- Unfortunately due to Paypal's falsely advertised fees and exchange rates, a 1.5% processing fee is added for international transactions (applies to products and shipping). However along with shipping cost, this fee is non-duty (not taxable by customs). We strongly recommend the direct credit card payment method which has no such fee, however for those customers who insist they pay via Paypal, they have this option.
For information on shipping options, tracking, transit time and delays - please see the shipping information page
International orders - customs, import taxes
- An invoice is included with each package for all international orders
- The shipping label contains a customs declaration form with the actual sub-total value of the order (the value of the ordered products - shipping and handling fees are not included in customs declaration)
- We cannot grant "gift" or low-value customs declaration requests
- The buyer is responsible for any import/customs/duty tax charged by the respective country's customs office
- For more information see this Receiver's Guide to Duties and Taxes
Legal & Limitation of Liability
Most of the products require some level of assembly and/or soldering. LowPowerLab LLC is not responsible for the way the buyer assembles and/or uses the products sold on the LowPowerLab web store. The buyer is responsible to read the guides and agree to the terms and any product disclaimers, if any, before using any of the products.