Main Menu

RFM69W

Started by jurajs84, April 01, 2014, 03:12:58 AM

jurajs84

Hi,
I have a question. Can be used RFM69W as a transmitter and receiver at the same time? I need to take data from one sensor to the main board with rfm68w as a receiver, evaluate them and send through the same RFM69W (now as a transmitter) to another board with RFM69W.

Felix

Yes. It's a transceiver.
It can send and receive. It can do both functions, but only 1 at a time (either receive or send). See the library and examples on how to send or receive: http://www.github.com/lowpowerlab/rfm69

jurajs84

Quote from: Felix on April 01, 2014, 08:34:08 AM
Yes. It's a transceiver.
It can send and receive. It can do both functions, but only 1 at a time (either receive or send). See the library and examples on how to send or receive: http://www.github.com/lowpowerlab/rfm69
OK, I'll check it. THX

ulli

Hi,

I am a little bit confused. I compared the datasheets of RFM12 and RFM69 in order to doublecheck the pins available.
The modules does not have the same pin order!!

Therefore it is not possible to use the moteino with a RFM12 and RFM69 module, right?

Or did I understood something wrong?

Felix

There are different versions of the RFM69: W, HW. CW, HCW. All will fit on any Moteino R4 and above. The CWs are also pin compatible with RFM12B.

ulli

HI Felix,

I attached the two layouts of the RFM12b and the RFM69. How did you solve the different pin layout issue on the moteino?
Are there different R4 moteinos?

Felix

There are 2 sets of pads.
Just look at the board layout or many pictures of the PCBs in my flickr set :  https://www.flickr.com/photos/15304611@N03/sets/72157636923824146/

ulli

ah, got it.
Thats an easy and good solution!
Thanks!

ulli

Hi Felix,

would it be possible to get the eagle library files (*.lbr) of the rfm12b and rfm69 module with minipads?

It would be very helpfull.

Felix

You can extract those from the Moteino eagle files ;)

ulli

I already tried this but it is not possible with the light version :)

Felix

Try selecting the part in the source schematic with ALT+F7, then drop it in your target schematic with Paste (ALT+E,E), that should import the footprint as well in your BRD file.

ulli


Ok, thanks but I need to add one wire for OOK Signal decoding.
On rfm12 the FFS Pin and on rfm69 the DIO2 pin. :)
Your library can not be modified because it is not available. Export into a separate library do not work due to the light version..

It would be very very helpful :)

Felix

You can extract it for sure, I've done it many times. You just need to use the proper ULP, google to find the solution..

ulli

:)
I tried it with the exp-lbrs.ulp and I get following error.
"The Light-Edidion" of Eagle can not execute this function. You are not able to create a second layer"

Please Felix