LowPowerLab Forum

Hardware support => Moteino => Topic started by: jurajs84 on April 01, 2014, 03:12:58 AM

Title: RFM69W
Post by: jurajs84 on April 01, 2014, 03:12:58 AM
Hi,
I have a question. Can be used RFM69W as a transmitter and receiver at the same time? I need to take data from one sensor to the main board with rfm68w as a receiver, evaluate them and send through the same RFM69W (now as a transmitter) to another board with RFM69W.
Title: Re: RFM69W
Post by: Felix on April 01, 2014, 08:34:08 AM
Yes. It's a transceiver.
It can send and receive. It can do both functions, but only 1 at a time (either receive or send). See the library and examples on how to send or receive: http://www.github.com/lowpowerlab/rfm69
Title: Re: RFM69W
Post by: jurajs84 on April 01, 2014, 09:15:58 AM
Quote from: Felix on April 01, 2014, 08:34:08 AM
Yes. It's a transceiver.
It can send and receive. It can do both functions, but only 1 at a time (either receive or send). See the library and examples on how to send or receive: http://www.github.com/lowpowerlab/rfm69
OK, I'll check it. THX
Title: Re: RFM69W
Post by: ulli on April 13, 2014, 12:25:20 PM
Hi,

I am a little bit confused. I compared the datasheets of RFM12 and RFM69 in order to doublecheck the pins available.
The modules does not have the same pin order!!

Therefore it is not possible to use the moteino with a RFM12 and RFM69 module, right?

Or did I understood something wrong?
Title: Re: RFM69W
Post by: Felix on April 13, 2014, 05:09:04 PM
There are different versions of the RFM69: W, HW. CW, HCW. All will fit on any Moteino R4 and above. The CWs are also pin compatible with RFM12B.
Title: Re: RFM69W
Post by: ulli on April 14, 2014, 04:05:53 AM
HI Felix,

I attached the two layouts of the RFM12b and the RFM69. How did you solve the different pin layout issue on the moteino?
Are there different R4 moteinos?
Title: Re: RFM69W
Post by: Felix on April 14, 2014, 09:07:21 AM
There are 2 sets of pads.
Just look at the board layout or many pictures of the PCBs in my flickr set :  https://www.flickr.com/photos/15304611@N03/sets/72157636923824146/
Title: Re: RFM69W
Post by: ulli on April 14, 2014, 12:41:07 PM
ah, got it.
Thats an easy and good solution!
Thanks!
Title: Re: RFM69W
Post by: ulli on April 30, 2014, 03:32:59 PM
Hi Felix,

would it be possible to get the eagle library files (*.lbr) of the rfm12b and rfm69 module with minipads?

It would be very helpfull.
Title: Re: RFM69W
Post by: Felix on April 30, 2014, 04:39:17 PM
You can extract those from the Moteino eagle files ;)
Title: Re: RFM69W
Post by: ulli on April 30, 2014, 04:42:10 PM
I already tried this but it is not possible with the light version :)
Title: Re: RFM69W
Post by: Felix on April 30, 2014, 05:08:48 PM
Try selecting the part in the source schematic with ALT+F7, then drop it in your target schematic with Paste (ALT+E,E), that should import the footprint as well in your BRD file.
Title: Re: RFM69W
Post by: ulli on April 30, 2014, 05:33:32 PM

Ok, thanks but I need to add one wire for OOK Signal decoding.
On rfm12 the FFS Pin and on rfm69 the DIO2 pin. :)
Your library can not be modified because it is not available. Export into a separate library do not work due to the light version..

It would be very very helpful :)
Title: Re: RFM69W
Post by: Felix on April 30, 2014, 05:58:05 PM
You can extract it for sure, I've done it many times. You just need to use the proper ULP, google to find the solution..
Title: Re: RFM69W
Post by: ulli on May 01, 2014, 06:03:14 AM
:)
I tried it with the exp-lbrs.ulp and I get following error.
"The Light-Edidion" of Eagle can not execute this function. You are not able to create a second layer"

Please Felix
Title: Re: RFM69W
Post by: Felix on May 01, 2014, 08:21:03 AM
I'm really sorry but I can't share my main library, I have a lot of stuff for my private clients there.
But it's so easy to make that footprint ... and would be a great thing to learn in Eagle.
Title: Re: RFM69W
Post by: Winston on June 05, 2014, 02:35:28 PM
Quote from: ulli on May 01, 2014, 06:03:14 AM
:)
I tried it with the exp-lbrs.ulp and I get following error.
"The Light-Edidion" of Eagle can not execute this function. You are not able to create a second layer"

Please Felix
Group the component in the schematic, right click on it and choose "copy," open a new (empty) schematic, go to "edit" and chose "paste." Save the schematic with the component's ID. After creating your own schematic around it, save it with a different file name.
Title: Re: RFM69W
Post by: Felix on June 05, 2014, 03:58:16 PM
There we go... thank you Winston.
Yes, "Group select" then copy/paste will do the trick.