RFM69 lowest possible range

Started by markus1234, April 22, 2017, 01:41:35 AM

markus1234

Hi,
to recieve a secure number, I want to limit the range  of a RFM69 to its lowest possible minimum (ideal would be only a few centimeters).
A simple 433mhz antenna wire is attached (and non removable).

Is there any other way beside setting the tx power to near 0? (This will give me at least 4 -6 m of range, which is too much)

thanks in advance

captcha

Replace the antenna with a 50ohm SMD resistor and you'll have a range of around 5m.

markus1234

thanks for your answer but I'm looking for an software solution to switch from high range to "nearly no" range :)

ChemE

Quote from: markus1234 on April 24, 2017, 02:31:15 AM
thanks for your answer but I'm looking for an software solution to switch from high range to "nearly no" range :)

I think then that you need to experiment with detuning your broadcast antenna so that there is a significant mismatch between Tx and Rx frequency.  That is software and should be able to cripple range pretty effectively.

joelucid

Quotethanks for your answer but I'm looking for an software solution to switch from high range to "nearly no" range

In my experience if you use an HW as W or the other way around on the TX side you get very minimal range.

Joe

perky

Turn off all the PA amps. You'll get a tiny signal coming out, only a few 10s of cm. This was one of my very first debugs ;)