How to setup 300Kbps in RFM69HW

Started by gussabina, April 13, 2018, 12:58:52 AM

gussabina

Hello:

I'm trying to test the 300Kbps in the RFM69HW, so I basically changed these lines;

    /* 0x03 */ { REG_BITRATEMSB, RF_BITRATEMSB_55555}, // default: 4.8 KBPS
    /* 0x04 */ { REG_BITRATELSB, RF_BITRATELSB_55555},

by

    /* 0x03 */ { REG_BITRATEMSB, RF_BITRATEMSB_300000},
    /* 0x04 */ { REG_BITRATELSB, RF_BITRATELSB_300000},

but it didn't work.... Is there something else I need to take care of?

I checked that :

FSTEP = FXOSC/219  = 61Hz  (FXOSC = 32MHz )

F_DEV = Fstep ⋅ Fdev(15,0)  (default Fdev = 0x52 -> F_DEV = 5KHz)

To ensure proper modulation;
( F_DEV + BR/2 ) < 500KHz

and it seems to be Ok, so I'm not sure what else do I need...

I successfully tried 115,2 Kbps, 200 Kbps and even 250 Kbps; but no luck with 300 Kbps...


BTW, will the range be affected using higher bitrate?

Thanks

Gus

LukaQ

This is not sticky, but here you go
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/19Hm3M6nYHQl0JxDul8FUR5MApRKPj2PcxBRzim5iJ3Q/copy

that is not the only thing you need to change. With 50k fdev, you can't have 300k bitrate


Felix