Author Topic: Wireless baterrypower sensors (temp,door,motio) + raspberry  (Read 2996 times)

donvonhill

• NewMember
Hi all,

I have plan to make 5 wireless temp sensors(ds18b20) power by battery and sending data to raspberry(with another moteino-r4) and publish them on webside. Am I able to build this with moteino?

What are basic parts for this?

wireless sensor
1x moteino-r4
1x ds18b20 - is there any another alternative
9v battery

raspberry
1x moteino-r4

Is it possible to connect ds18b20 straight to moteino? How can I connect moteino-r4 to raspberry? Through gpio? Sorry for these greenhorn question but I am not able to google it :-(

Can you please help me with it?

Many thanks for your help!

Petr

luisr320

Re: Wireless baterrypower sensors (temp,door,motio) + raspberry
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2014, 04:39:17 AM »
I'm sure you can do all that stuff and it will be easy if you use the moteinos. Search on Google but use "arduino" instead of "moteino".
there will be plenty of help available here too. Unfortunately I'm still in denial regarding the whole raspberry Pi scene and can't assist you there.
Keep us posted on your project.

Felix

• Administrator
    • LowPowerLab
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2014, 11:09:18 AM »
Look for other topics in the forum regarding the DS temp sensor, people have posted code and how they wired it. So it's possible. You will need to sleep your wireless nodes as much as possible to get any decent battery life. On the Pi side all you need to do is load it with the Gateway sample sketch (adjust settings for your radio), then connect power and serial (RX, TX) to the Moteino, then it's ready to receive packets and send them to the Pi through the serial. You will need to enable the Pi serial as shown here: https://lowpowerlab.com/forum/index.php/topic,496.msg2786.html#msg2786

ColinR

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2014, 11:53:42 AM »
You might try something like this:

http://www.cupidcontrols.com/2014/08/adventures-in-moteino-remote-temperature-monitor/

Happy to answer any questions.

Cheers,
Colin
CuPID Controls :: Open Source browser-based sensor and device control
Interfaceinnovations.org/cupidcontrols.html
cupidcontrols.com

jackbrouno

• NewMember
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2014, 07:22:04 AM »
That was a good link