Author Topic: Use 02/06/2015 server_config_files in RaspberryPi-Gateway  (Read 1565 times)

sulterry

• NewMember
Use 02/06/2015 server_config_files in RaspberryPi-Gateway
« on: February 24, 2015, 05:05:12 PM »
I want to upgrade server on RaspberryPiGateway to the files found in /RaspberryPi-Gateway-master/server_config_files dated 02/06/2015.

I'm confused about there being two shell scripts, one called nginx and the other called nginx.sh. I'm assuming on of them should go into /etc/init.d but I don't know how to figure out which.

This may be a trivial question to a programmer but that's not me. :-\

Also, server_config_files contains the file nodejs.sh whereas /etc/init.d only contains nodejs-moteino.sh.  Should I use the new file with the old name?

Thanks for any help,

Terry S

Felix

• Administrator
    • LowPowerLab
Re: Use 02/06/2015 server_config_files in RaspberryPi-Gateway
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2015, 11:18:17 PM »
Terry,
Please disregard the files on github, those are for the older version of the setup.
Please closely follow the steps outlined here: http://lowpowerlab.com/blog/2013/10/07/raspberrypi-home-automation-gateway-setup/

sulterry

• NewMember
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2015, 11:00:20 AM »
Thanks, Felix

That has at least shifted my confusion.  I need to figure where I need to back out of changes I made.  I also need to tidy up the files on my laptop.  It's getting pretty chaotic.

My RasPi-Gateway/LCD is working well as far as I can tell. It's installed in an enclosure similar to your Acrylic sheet affair only in two modules, one with RasPi and LCD, the other withATXRaspi and Moteino.   I'll install GarageMote today and see how that works.  It works on the Bench with info displayed on LCD from GarageMote and MailboxNotifier.  Haven't really tested it in a browser but indications are that it'll work.

Felix

• Administrator
    • LowPowerLab
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2015, 03:14:00 PM »
Try it all on your bench with simulated open/closed statuses (magnets in your hand). When it all works proceed to final install on the door, it's much easier to debug stuff on your bench.