Main Menu

Sump Pump Alert

Started by sparky, July 21, 2017, 07:37:59 AM

sparky

I plan on making a simple sump pump alert as described here;

https://lowpowerlab.com/2013/04/25/sump-pump-alert-with-moteino-hc-sr04/

I was wondering what's the best sketch to use.  I would like to have OTA programming option as other examples have.  Looking at the more updated sketch used on the SonarMote sketch here;

https://github.com/LowPowerLab/RFM69/blob/master/Examples/SonarMote/SonarMote_DistanceReader/SonarMote_DistanceReader.ino

leaves me a little (a lot) confused. 

I don't see any needed libraries to #include

I also see a lot of missing #define statements for NODEID, GATEWAYID, NETWORKID...etc  Also nothing for OTA.

What am I missing?

Thanks

Felix

That's just a simple example to show how to read distance from the sensor, without any radio interaction.
There are other samples in the same repository that illustrate various ways and examples if how you might use the SonarMote. For instance I use it without the radio as a parking aid.
Read this page as well for other examples.
The sump pump node uses this sketch, but there is no OTA for that. I think once you tweak the sketch there is no real need for OTA which is more complex.
I have not changes my sump pump SonarMote sketch for years and it just works without a hitch.

sparky

Great, thanks for the help, and links  ;D

HeneryH

You can really tell it has been raining a lot here lately


Felix

Interesting pattern!

Lots of rain here as well: