Author Topic: DIY motorized blinds using Moteino, for $40  (Read 17895 times)

TomWS

Re: DIY motorized blinds using Moteino, for $40
« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2017, 05:19:34 PM »
Thanks for that link Tom, I've got a project that uses a servo as an actuator requiring a movement of about 13mm with several kg force, I'd have to put end stop switches and an H-bridge but this could reduce the cost by quite a bit ;)

Mark.
The LB1930MC-AH should work nicely to drive this since the voltage is well within the 10V limit of the H-Bridge.  This device is handy since it has the gate drivers internally and will dynamically brake the motor with the right control combination.  It's also small.

The gearing on the motor also has a slip clutch to keep you from breaking it (in theory)...  ;)  Note that it matters which shaft you connect to your load - you want to use the double flat shaft.

Tom

perky

« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2017, 07:41:21 PM »
Nice, that looks just the job, thanks!

Mark.

geman220

• NewMember
« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2017, 08:25:17 PM »
Sorry, I am new to this and confused.  I assumed I would just have to upload the code to my Moteino but I keep getting:

"BlindsControl.ino:159:18: error: 'DEBUG_INIT' was not declared in this scope" or "BlindsControl.ino:170:61: error: 'DEBUG' was not declared in this scope"

What am I missing? TIA

Felix

• Administrator
    • LowPowerLab
« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2017, 09:36:15 AM »
You need the whole library installed, from his github.

geman220

• NewMember
« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2017, 04:27:52 PM »
I believe I have the libraries installed.

From his github I have installed:

Along with other libraries like Accelstepper etc.

On my "blind" Moteino I uploaded the .ino from here (with included .h/.cpp files)  https://github.com/snorp/BlindsControl/tree/master/src
On my "gateway" Moteino I changed the .cpp to .ino and uploaded with the Arduino IDE from https://github.com/snorp/BlindsGateway/tree/master/src

Now the uploads seem to work, not sure what changed.  I only get the following WARN:

"WARNING: library Node claims to run on (atmelavr) architecture(s) and may be incompatible with your current board which runs on (avr) architecture(s)."

But I'm not sure how to verify that they can communicate.  I read these instructions (https://lowpowerlab.com/guide/gateway/) and have the gateway running on my rpi3, but I don't see any nodes. I've verified my gateway Moteino is in ttyUSB0 and I have that configured in the settings.  I've been watching
but I'm not sure if the node should just automatically show up on the frontend, or if I need to do something to have it appear.

I appreciate the help!

Felix

• Administrator
    • LowPowerLab
« Reply #20 on: May 17, 2017, 08:52:29 AM »
If it works then you're good, that warning may have to do with the target board you chose (lol, isnt avr == atmelavr), the Arduino IDE is not the greatest tool and they've been messing it up every version, that's why I stick with one that works, 1.0.6.

This thread is about blinds, please post your gateway questions in the Gateway forum.