Author Topic: AB18x5 Breakout Board  (Read 12741 times)

TomWS

Re: AB18x5 Breakout Board
« Reply #30 on: January 25, 2017, 05:57:00 PM »
I agree with Mark about too much solder, but the other thing I see is there is solder outside of the device pads meaning your PCB pads are probably not stopped down enough.  On a part this small it is absolutely vital that all of the pads present an identical surface to each of the device's pads so that the surface tension pulls each pad equally, thereby aligning it.  You can do this if you keep the exposed pad not too much bigger than the chip pad and certainly don't have any 'wiring' exposed as this will tend to pull the chip off of its pads.

Tom

perky

« Reply #31 on: January 25, 2017, 08:03:19 PM »
Indeed. But we don't want to discourage you from doing this stuff, it's admirable that you've done what you've done already so keep up the good work! ;)

Mark.

Neko

• NewMember
« Reply #32 on: April 04, 2017, 09:30:48 AM »
Can I get one of these?

grafisoft

• NewMember
« Reply #33 on: February 14, 2019, 02:09:22 PM »
I am interesting in use this RTC low power to design a IoT node, and i was finding a way to power management with RTC.

In case that i want use the RTC in VCC Power Switched application, What would be the transistor/mosfet that i could use? I need a transistor that can support 2A but with the minimun current consumption. For this application, the pull-up resistor have be on the order of megaohms.

So, anybody could recommend me a component part? or any other solution that it can manage a power switch.

Thanks
Regards,

TomWS

« Reply #34 on: February 14, 2019, 06:33:03 PM »
In case that i want use the RTC in VCC Power Switched application, What would be the transistor/mosfet that i could use? I need a transistor that can support 2A but with the minimun current consumption. For this application, the pull-up resistor have be on the order of megaohms.

So, anybody could recommend me a component part? or any other solution that it can manage a power switch.
The Si2365 or practically any low Vgsth P-FET would work well in this application, using the transistor configured as in the AB18x5 datasheet section 3.2, VCC Power Switched.  I wouldn't go too much higher than 4-5M, though as the leakage current of the PSW pin might cause problems.

If you don't need tight timing, then the TI TPL5110 breakout that LPL offers might work for you.

Tom

grafisoft

• NewMember
« Reply #35 on: February 16, 2019, 07:04:03 AM »
The Si2365 or practically any low Vgsth P-FET would work well in this application, using the transistor configured as in the AB18x5 datasheet section 3.2, VCC Power Switched.  I wouldn't go too much higher than 4-5M, though as the leakage current of the PSW pin might cause problems.

If you don't need tight timing, then the TI TPL5110 breakout that LPL offers might work for you.

Tom

Thanks Tom,

I will check your recomendations. The TPL5110 have a resistor time settings and it is the reason for i have discard this component.

Thanks.

Regards,

TomWS

« Reply #36 on: February 16, 2019, 09:03:09 AM »
One thing to note is that the Drain/Gate resistor only supplies current when the Radio etc is turned on, which, presumably, is a short amount of time.  The rest of the time there is no current flowing through it so above 100K might be diminishing returns...