LowPowerLab Forum

Hardware support => Moteino => Topic started by: Sowmya on April 23, 2014, 03:23:11 AM

Title: RF69HW data receive on MSP430 controller
Post by: Sowmya on April 23, 2014, 03:23:11 AM
Hi,

I am working on RF69HW module, interfaced with MSP430 controller.

Configuration to both receive and transmit module registers :

{0x37, 0x00}  // Fixed length , CRC on
{0x02, 0x00}  // Packet mode, FSK modulation
{0x07, 0xD9}  // Carrier frequency to 868MHz
{0x08, 0x00}
{0x09, 0x00}
{0x2E, 0x98}  // SYNC on


And I am setting to Tx and Rx mode in register 0x01 to 0x8C and 0x90 respectively.

I am using DIO0 pin mapping for packet sent and CRC OK interrupt.

And setting high power settings in Tx is :

{0x5A, 0x5D}
{0x5C, 0x7C}


And for Rx is :

{0x5A, 0x55}
{0x5C, 0x70}


I am able to get packet sent interrupt on DIO0 pin of Tx module once data written to FIFO address i.e 0x00 with write operation. But I am not getting CRC or Payload ready interrupt in receiver module.

For testing purpose we are keeping Tx and Rx module very near and sending only 1 byte to test.

Can anyone help to fix this issue.

Regards,
Sowmya
Title: Re: RF69HW data receive on MSP430 controller
Post by: BR549 on April 23, 2014, 11:10:59 PM
Not directly answering your question, but I have ported Felix's RFM69 Arduino library to Energia for the MSP430 Launchpad: https://github.com/brey549/RFM69  (Also works on the LM4F Stellaris/Tiva Arm launchpads).  No change to the RFM69 programming, I only had to change the way interrupts are handled.

B
Title: Re: RF69HW data receive on MSP430 controller
Post by: Sowmya on April 24, 2014, 12:48:56 AM
Hi BR549,

Thank you for the reply.
I think you are using AES encryption method. But in my application, we are not using encryption method. And I am getting SYNC word address match interrupt on receiver module interrupt pin once data is detected.

Can you give some more details since I am new to work with wireless module.

Regards,
Sowmya