LowPowerLab Forum

Hardware support => Moteino => Topic started by: polychronis90 on February 13, 2015, 06:44:57 AM

Title: Dual Optiboot 1284p Question
Post by: polychronis90 on February 13, 2015, 06:44:57 AM
Hello guys,

I have a problem with the dual optiboot bootloader that im using with a custom made 1284p board w/ flash.

I have manages successfully to write to the flash memory my sketch that im trying to burn from the flash memory but i have a problem.

When i do the watchdog reboot in order to burn from the flash memory then my LED which i have connected to the D15 pin starts blinking(it seems that it is blinking on a very low voltage but i can see it) and then stays there stuck. But if i disconnect afterwards the flash memory the boards gets unstuck and continues to run the new program.

I cant understand how the progam can be burned successfully but the board can get stuck on the bootloader. I have read other threads in the forum regarding the dual optiboot and the flash memory and people said that the flash memory was wiped after the successful upload of the flash image. Mine has the image on the memory intact!

Im not using the windbond 4mbit flash but im using one very similar to it. My flash is IS25LD040.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thank you :)
Title: Re: Dual Optiboot 1284p Question
Post by: Felix on February 13, 2015, 08:26:05 AM
First I'd verify the instruction set to be the same as the one used in SPIFlash.cpp. Most of these flash chips have the same instruction set but I've seen exceptions.
Other than that it must be some small detail somewhere. The bootloader should be jumping to memory address 0x0 after burning the new flash program and erasing the flash dump in the flash chip.