Can no longer upload code to moteino (verification error)

Started by fuchsnj, April 19, 2016, 09:46:00 PM

fuchsnj

I got 2 moteinos a couple months ago and just now got to playing around with them. They have been working great for a few days, I was able to program them about ~20 times. Now all of a sudden one of them can't be programmed and always get a verification error. The one that doesn't work anymore doesn't have usb, so I use an FTDI breakout which fits nicely into the 6 ftdi pins sticking out. It's the RFM69HW @ 915mhz (with flash chip) if that matters.

avrdude: verification error, first mismatch at byte 0x0032
         0x93 != 0x91
avrdude: verification error; content mismatch

or for another program (blink) I get this

avrdude: verification error, first mismatch at byte 0x00b2
         0x26 != 0x24
avrdude: verification error; content mismatch

I always get the exact same error if I try to upload the same code. Any ideas? It seems like a hardware issue to me, which is sad since I only got to use it a few days :(

Felix

What "FTDI breakout" are you using?
Did you solder anything else to it other than 6 pin header and antenna?
Did you apply any voltages to any pins of the Moteino before it stopped working?

fuchsnj

I have been using this FTDI breakout: http://www.amazon.com/FTDI-Basic-Breakout-Arduino-Compatible/dp/B01879AYQK?ie=UTF8&psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00

I soldered male headers to all pins, including the fdi pins. Added the antenna later. After I added the antenna I was able to program it a few times before it stopped working.

I ended up just ordering another moteino and FTDI breakout from your store. Hoping it was just a cheap FTDI breakout I had previously. I did notice the moteino reset easily if I slightly moved the moteino while connected to the FTDI breakout.

The only other pins I have used were the SCL/SDA pins and 3.3V/GND for an accel/gyro breakout board (MPU6050), and 4 digital output pins to an ESC

Felix

Quote from: fuchsnj on April 21, 2016, 09:40:36 AM
I ended up just ordering another moteino and FTDI breakout from your store. Hoping it was just a cheap FTDI breakout I had previously. I did notice the moteino reset easily if I slightly moved the moteino while connected to the FTDI breakout.

Reset if moved slightly can't be a good thing. I can only speculate that somehow it got bricked while programming it and it got reset in the middle of that? (Although technically it should not happen anyway) - just speculation but I can't imagine what else could be wrong. If you'd like you can send it to me and I can try to debug what's wrong. All returns for an actual replacement or refund do have to comply with the return policy though.