Hi together,
I again have an critical issue. I just measured the current consumption of my circuit and got the following results:
* 19.5mA --> Atmega @8MHz + RFM69 in listening mode
* 4,4mA --> Atmega @8MHz + RFM69 with hold the reset pin high
* 0,8mA --> Atmega @8MHz with
LowPower.powerDown(SLEEP_FOREVER, ADC_OFF, BOD_OFF);
+ RFM69 with hold the reset pin high
* 16.4mA --> Atmega @8MHz with
LowPower.powerDown(SLEEP_FOREVER, ADC_OFF, BOD_OFF);
+ RFM69 in RX
* 1.36mA --> Atmega @8MHz with
LowPower.powerDown(SLEEP_FOREVER, ADC_OFF, BOD_OFF);
+ RFM69 with setMode(RF69_MODE_SLEEP);
The strange thing is the Atmega needs also in Power Down mode much more than the datasheet noted and the sleep Mode of the RFM69 does not change anything in sleep mode....
I am measuring the current with a multimeter (Wavetek 28XT). My circuit is powered by an USB2Uart converter. The current is measured on my circuit board power input.
Do you have any ideas where this issue comes from?
Please keep discussions/subjects separated in new threads to avoid confusion.
Is this happening with Moteino?
Yes its a clone.
Sounds like it's not LPL made, so I can't give give any endorsements that the hardware/chip is genuine and not a reject or counterfeit.
As long as you sleep the mega and radio and everything else you might have, then you should be in the 10-15uA range. Also you need a good RMS multimeter to measure that accurately.
From my own experience with no-moteino-but-the-same-pinout-with-rtc board:
1: check if your board has 10K pullup on D2. If it does, it's safe to remove it. You save 330uA
2: if it has flash mem, put it to sleep. If it's spansion fl127s by a chance, you either have to replace or remove it if you're after ultra low power - those chips does not support deep sleep and can drain up to 70uA when idle.
empeka: Thanks a lot. I had an internal Pullup on D2. That safes a lot!