Sump Pump Project - General wiring diagram

Started by jlsimmo, December 13, 2014, 11:13:02 AM

jlsimmo

Hi - OK sounds good... but how do I do that? 

Felix

You test them, take baby steps. Load them with Node and Gateway sketches in the examples, make sure all the settings are good, set the HW, frequency, node and network IDs. Once those work well, you make your changes for your own sketches, and test those. It helps to have both nodes attached to the same computer to see debugging info at the same time. Then when everything works install them in your Pi and remote locations etc.

jlsimmo

Hi Felix,

I'm so sorry, I really am a newbie to this stuff.  Do you have a link to a step by step process that I can use to set the two Moteino's up and get them talking?  I probably need step by step instructions, but I looked at your site and couldn't find anything - maybe it would be helpful for others too?

Thank you so much,
John

Felix

Please visit lowpowerlab.com/programming
That's a guide to programming/uploading to the boards rather than how to code. And it's codebender focused but you can do the same thing in the Arduino IDE. I don't really have a step by step line by line guide for programming, it's beyond the scope of this website. But that should help at least a little and the code is pretty decently documented with comments and instructions so any person who has coded before should be able to get around fairly easily. The code contains setting sections that you need to understand and change accordingly to your specific hardware (transceiver type) in order to get them working as expected. If you've never coded before then that's a challenge and again unfortunately it's not the scope of this website to teach c++/programming, mostly because of lacking the time/resources to do so.