Wireless Programming out of box?

Started by PeterM, January 13, 2015, 02:29:09 PM

PeterM

I'm just wondering if the Moteinos come ready for wireless prgramming out of the box? Or do I need to do an initial upload via wire first? The reason I'm asking is I have one Moteino USB and several regular Moteinos but no FTDI adaptor. All the links on the Moteino page to FTDI suppliers are either not working or out of stock (https://lowpowerlab.com/shop/index.php?_route_=moteino-r4).

I was thinking maybe there is a default gateway and node id set on the Moteinos and I could turn them on one at a time and wirelessly program them from the Moteino USB. Is that possible?

Thanks!

Felix

They come with DualOptiboot and a test program, that's it.
You will have to load a program that will listen for wireless programming tokens. See the SwitchMote sketch. So you will need a USB-serial/FTDI adapter to load that first. A MoteinoUSB includes that onboard so no need for an external FTDI adapter.
The link for my own FTDI adapter is now fixed, thanks for the pointer.

See this link for wireless programming related posts.

PeterM

OK, thanks Felix. I'll go that route then!