writeBytes cannot cross 256 page boundaries

Started by delateurj, December 24, 2014, 12:46:58 AM

delateurj

Hi,

Perhaps this is already known but just want to make sure I have this right (think so based on some testing).

Its not that you just can't write more than 256 bytes using writeBytes but you cannot write across a 256 byte boundary as well in a writeBytes. (i.e start at address 242 and write 30 bytes with a writeBytes statement will result in wrap)

Is that correct?

Thanks,
Joe.

delateurj

The more I read the warning the more I understand how I misread it.  For some reason I took "WARNING: if you write beyond a page boundary (or more than 256bytes)"  as saying "WARNING: if you write beyond a page boundary (in other words more than 256bytes)"  and then my mind turned it into you cannot write more than a page of data at once rather than you can't cross a page boundary (which of course also means you can't write more than a page at once as well).  Well in case anybody else makes that mistake and wonders why data is weird, you can learn from mine  :-\

Felix

Yes please also consult the DS when things don't make sense. My comments are just there to raise awareness but are not meant as complete reference.