I think I did something dumb.

Started by peluke, December 19, 2014, 01:45:11 PM

peluke

I just don't know what it was yet..

So I started to use the xCode IDE, got it working and built my sketch, compiled it ok and hit the upload. Perfect. sketch uploaded and the Mote/LEO starts doing what I asked(blink sketch).

noticed awhile later it wasn't connecting when I tried to update the code. Nothing.
no usb connection to the OS (OSX)

swapped the cable, nothing.
swapped machines, nothing.

and like a dumb donkey I plugged in a second Leo and it worked.. until i uploaded code to it.
no it's doing the same thing.

So any guru's out there that may have a clue whats going on?

Felix

Are you talking about Moteino LEO (discontinued)?

peluke

Correct.. Just opened one of them today! heh

Felix

Hmm...really, those were discontinued long long ago. The problem with the atmega32u4 chips and their software USB stack was that it was relatively easy to lock them up depending on how you coded your sketch.
If you're swift, you can probably try to upload a sketch very soon after a hard reset which should enumerate the device again.

peluke

Ok, I managed to unb0rk them.

I prepped a blank sketch and pressed upload, when the ardunio IDE said uploading I tickled the reset pin on the boards and it took the upload.

I was then able to upload a blink sketch hands off after that.
They seem to be working as expected now.

Thanks!

Felix

Yep, that is how these chips were behaving unfortunately, part of the reason why I stopped using them.