[Moteino USB] verification error, first mismatch at byte 0x00bd [SOLVED]

Started by meathome, December 02, 2014, 05:38:00 AM

meathome

Hi,

I Got my Moteino USB yesterday and uploaded the  Gateway.ino sketche I found at https://github.com/LowPowerLab/RFM69/tree/master/Examples

I previously installed the recommanded FTDI driver and got this error the log windows :   

avrdude: verification error, first mismatch at byte 0x00bd
         0x00 != 0x80
avrdude: verification error; content mismatch
avrdude: Send: Q [51]   [20]
avrdude: Recv: . [14]
avrdude: Recv: . [10]


By the way, Gateway.ino is sucessfuly upload to the moteino.

Any help about this error would be appreciated.

meathome

Hi,

Could you help me, this is what happens to me.

Compilation is OK but I get error messages (Problem uploading to board, protocol error and prorammer out of sync) and strange characters on the serial terminal .

I tried to decrease the speed of the serial line but it didn't change anything.

The moteino is connect using this USB to TTL CP2102 Converter ( http://www.amazon.fr/gp/product/B00AFRXKFU?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00) and those drivers :http://www.silabs.com/products/mcu/pages/usbtouartbridgevcpdrivers.aspx

The PC runs a 64bits Win7 version, the sketche is uploaded "successfuly" to the moteino and it seems to be executed properly.
 
Any suggestion ?
Thank's

Felix

Please use Arduino 1.0.6 since it's more recent. Set the target board to Arduino UNO or install the Moteino core found here: https://github.com/LowPowerLab/Moteino/tree/master/MEGA/Core
Then you can choose Moteino from Tools>Boards.
I cannot speak about your TTL adapter, I don't know what chip/driver that uses. For MoteinoUSB check the driver you have on Windows. There are some issues with FTDI driver v2.12.0.0 although they claim the genuine chips are not affected. If possible install the 2.10.0.0 VCP driver from this page: www.ftdichip.com/Drivers/VCP.htm

meathome

Thank you for your attention.

..but unfortunately,  it doesn't help.

FYI, here is a link to the USB 2 UART adapter : http://www.silabs.com/products/interface/usbtouart/Pages/usb-to-uart-bridge.aspx




ieris

Quote from: meathome on December 02, 2014, 10:25:09 AM
Thank you for your attention.

..but unfortunately,  it doesn't help.

FYI, here is a link to the USB 2 UART adapter : http://www.silabs.com/products/interface/usbtouart/Pages/usb-to-uart-bridge.aspx
For me it seems that Moteino is not powered propertly. What power options does this adapter has - 3.3v or 5V. Is there a switch/jumper, can you test Moteino power with multimeter?

meathome

Hi,

Good news, everything is working.

Actually, the USB TTL adapter was broken. I bought a new one, the same, and it worked.