Main Menu

avrdude error

Started by rwormbird, November 15, 2014, 08:46:25 AM

rwormbird

I am getting a verification error when uploading a sketch to the Moteino USB.

"avrdude: verification error, forst mismatch at byte 0x007c

0x00 != 0x80


Setting IDE device to Arduino UNo on Com13, lights flash to indicate USB transfer


What am I doing wrong?

Felix

I have not seen that particular error before. What OS are you using? What Arduino IDE version?
Is this the first time it happens on this MoteinoUSB?
Do you have another one to verify that one works?

rwormbird

#2
Windows 7 Pro, Arduino 1.0.5-r2

I will update to Arduino 1.0.6

I only have the (2) R4 boards, both give errors

Should I force the driver to a lower com port number?

rwormbird

Updated to 1.0.6 and it still has errors

Felix

So you're saying these both fail the same way out of box?
Did you ever program them before?

rwormbird

Yes, both failed out of the box.
I did not program them.


Felix

I don't think the arduino version is at fault. I think it's a driver issue. Can you please reinstall the FTDI VCP drivers?
Can you also take a look at the solder connections on the FTDI connector and FTDI chip? I doubt there should be a problem but it's easy to check.
By the way these are all tested and programmed to ensure full functionality. Usually they don't die or get damaged in transit to the point where they show errors like that.

rwormbird

I ran Arduino IDE on mt XP machine and it does not give the error.

I changed the compatibility mode and "run as administrator" on the Win 7 machine and I still get the error.

In both cases, I see the same sequence of lights on The R4 board. 

Felix

Ok, at this point if it works on one machine and not the other there's gotta be some configuration problem or in most cases a driver issue.
At least we know they are functional.

rwormbird

Did a complete re-install of Arduino IDE and USB driver.

Same error on my (main) W7 machine.

Tried to use it on XP under VirtualBox and it locked up the machine (acknowledged FTDI problem)

Any more ideas on how to troubleshoot this?

Felix

I'm not sure what else to advise.
Perhaps try an older stable IDE version like 1.0.5?
If you open the serial port, is there any output?

Felix

This is the driver version I have on my Win7x64, this shows for a MoteinoUSB (with FT231xs):