Main Menu

RFM69 debugging

Started by rwormbird, October 22, 2014, 04:44:09 PM

rwormbird

Is there a way to debug the RFM69.

I have ported code for the Microchip PIC and while it compiles and runs, the radios do not pass data.

How can I detect what is happening and debug this system?

Felix

There is 1 way that will give you the most precise results, but is not the easy way and it's the only thing I've used when debugging the RFM69: logic analyzer that can interpret SPI signals and serial data (so you visually see the bytes not just 1s and 0s). I don't have any other suggestion. To do this on an oscilloscope you would need an expensive one with deep memory and ability to decode the SPI signals.

rwormbird

Felix

I added a Return(Out_Word); to the WriteSPI routine so I can see what the RFM69 is responding.

SPI works.

I just see IRQ (DIO0) always low.

What sequence of commands can I send to the RFM69 to clear the IRQ and see that it is transmitting and or receiving?

Felix

Please see the datasheet for those type of details.

ColinR

I think this is a Moteino forum.

C
CuPID Controls :: Open Source browser-based sensor and device control
Interfaceinnovations.org/cupidcontrols.html
cupidcontrols.com

ColinR

Let me clarify:

I think this guy is busy as hell doing a great job supporting an awesome product, and to expect him to field every question somebody has about some chip they use on a different board is pretty unreasonable.

C
CuPID Controls :: Open Source browser-based sensor and device control
Interfaceinnovations.org/cupidcontrols.html
cupidcontrols.com