Main Menu

MoteinoMEGA

Started by oric_dan, July 24, 2014, 02:44:24 PM

Felix

luis, I can't tell if they are good, since there are versions for 0.062" PCB thickness and for 0.031" thickness (1.6mm and 0.8mm).
I know the sparkfun ones work well:

https://www.sparkfun.com/products/592 and https://www.sparkfun.com/products/593

If the SMA pins are too long and are worried they will touch the FLASH pins, just clip them with your trusty pliers: http://www.adafruit.com/products/1368

luisr320

Those from Sparkfun are male and the ones I showed are female. I guess it depends on what type of antenna you order.

rv

Well, the second (593) one of sparkfun seems to be female as well, see the datasheet:
http://www.sparkfun.com/datasheets/Wireless/Antenna/SMA-Connector.pdf
If I'm correct, the datasheet states that the gap between the pins is 1.73mm

However, speaking of adafruit, they offer two female connectors, for both PCB sizes that Felix mentions:
- http://www.adafruit.com/products/1864
- http://www.adafruit.com/products/1865

Which one should be best fitting for the Moteino, is it then the 1.6mm "Thick PCBs" version?

Felix

So far all Moteinos came with 1.6mm FR4 PCB thickness.

rv

Thank you very much for the support Felix.

Keep up the good work!

Felix