Help with water leak sensor

Started by noch, August 05, 2022, 10:17:18 PM

noch

Hey,

I am working on some battery powered water leak sensors.  My plan is to hook moteinos to some regular "dumb" water leak detectors I already have, which is working out well to keep the build simple.  I am detecting a leak with two leads: One lead on an analog pin with a resistor bridged to a digital pin that is set high before reading.  The other lead is on another digital pin set low for a ground.  The analog reading drops when there is continuity.  I got the idea here: Arduino Wireless Water Leak Sensor : 7 Steps (with Pictures) - Instructables.  Works great. 


My issue is, I didn't realize that 8sec is the max you can sleep and that is a lot of waking up to check for something that hopefully never happens.  I read some post about using different libraries to sleep longer, but I think using something like an interrupt would make way more sense if possible.  Any suggestions?  Thanks

Felix

If your Moteino runs with a RFM69, then see the ListenMode sleep example, sleep much longer than 8s and get an interrupt from the radio when done.
https://github.com/LowPowerLab/RFM69/tree/master/Examples/ListenModeSleep