Issues with version 1.4.1 [fixed in 1.4.2]

Started by tleavitt, September 27, 2020, 09:43:17 PM

tleavitt

I just updated to RFM69 library version 1.4.1 and am completely unable to use it. I had to download the low power library from the github link provided from the library, but get the following error:
libraries\LowPower-master\LowPower.cpp.o (symbol from plugin): In function `LowPowerClass::idle(period_t, adc_t, timer2_t, timer1_t, timer0_t, spi_t, usart0_t, twi_t)':
(.text+0x0): multiple definition of `__vector_6'
sketch\Signal-v1.1.ino.cpp.o (symbol from plugin):(.text+0x0): first defined here
collect2.exe: error: ld returned 1 exit status
exit status 1
Error compiling for board Moteino(-USB).

Im running Arduino IDE 1.8.13 and have had to roll back to RFM69 v1.4.0 to be able to use my code again. Any help on getting 1.4.1 to work?

Felix

This is because of this.
Are you using the watchdog timer anywhere in your code?

tleavitt

#2
Quote from: Felix on September 28, 2020, 11:59:40 AM
This is because of this.
Are you using the watchdog timer anywhere in your code?

I am, I use the watchdog timer quite a bit in my code actually but not for managing the radio. For my application I never put the radio to sleep, its always listening. I do but the ATmega to sleep though to save power so thats whats being managed by the watchdog. Even reinstalling the RFM69 and LowPower libraries does not clear the error for me.

Felix

That's because you cant use the watchdog in 2 places, in your code, and in the LowPower library.
I will have to figure out a way to undo the change while allowing this in the user's code instead.

Felix

Ok I just made a new release - 1.4.2, please try it.

tleavitt

Makes sense. Maybe theres a way around that issue, but for now 1.4.2 compiles for me just fine. Thanks Felix!