Moteino rfm12b library on Jeenode hardware

Started by PyroBrit, May 19, 2014, 09:11:27 AM

PyroBrit

Hi,

I've only just come across Moteino and whilst I get a couple of nodes ordered I thought I might try using some of the examples on my Jeenode hardware using the Moteino rfm12b library.

The demo I am using is Led_Contol_gateway and Node. Apart from changing the led pin from 5 to 9, I am unable to see any reaction to the led blink speed over the radio.

Will these libraries only work with Moteino hardware?  I've tried looking in the libs at the rfm12b for Moteino and Jeenode and as far as I can see the same pinouts are used so i'm a bit lost on what else to look for.

Regards

Nick.W

Felix

I don't see any reason why the LED examples should not work with Jeenodes.
So you're typing the command at the receiver which accepts it and sends a message to the other Jeenode but the receiver doesn't receive it? Or it receives it but won't change the speed?
Can you give more details of what "doesn't work"?

PyroBrit

Yes, I am typing the command at the gateway to send to the controller but have no reaction on the LED. The gateway is happy with the command and tells me what it is going to do but no ack is returned.

I have also tried by turning off encryption just in case.

What I have not been able to test is with the serial monitor open at both ends at the same time (lack of usb cables). Hope to fix that tonight.

Regards

Nick.W

PyroBrit

All working ok now.  Started again with new examples, made the changes I want to make and it's all fine. Unexplainable really but thanks for your help.

Now have 2 jeenodes and an Arduino Dualemov all using rfm12b at 868mhz flashing away at different rates using the LED_Control_Node. Looks cool.

I must admit I'm quite surprised at the range of the rfm12b. Better than I expected.

Regards

Nick.W

Felix


PyroBrit

Aha! Found out why I had the faults in the first place.

I was using the Arduino IDE built in Serial Monitor and was not sending a <Carriage Return> at the end of the command I was typing.  ::)