"Cannot read Property error" when adding event

Started by sparky, January 04, 2020, 12:23:12 PM

Felix

No demeaning intended, more like to encourage you to try it since it's very simple. Please folks dont get offended, I am trying to help, but ultimately can't help people getting offended by reading it different.  :'(

Debugging in programming can mean a lot of things. I'm not sure what your plans were on doing more "read up on debugging".
But in this case it's as simple as writing console.log(text and variables) statements.

Sorry if that was not that obvious from my statement, I assumed at least you were familiar with the code you were using (writing yourself? or copy pasting?).
Since I do spend my very limited and valuable time to try to help people for free using this freely offered software, I do have a few (I think pretty low expectations) of posters and the content.

Unfortunately - if copy paste was the case - I would encourage anyone not to assume that will work at all, not in programming, at any level of experience.

sparky

Thanks for clearing that up and for the encouragement, I need all the help i can get.

Yes, the code was copied and pasted because frix had no issues so I had no reason to think it wouldn't work for me but then again I'm a newbie.

In regards to what I meant by "read up on debugging".  You stated in one of your post "Now its time to debug your code and see where it doesn't do what you need"  it is this statement that I didn't understand and would need to read up on.  Thanks for the explanation.