AVRISP mkII - Home made Moteino not detected [SOLVED]

Started by Lukapple, March 27, 2014, 04:51:12 PM

Lukapple

It's aliveeeee, my first DIY Moteino ! Looks like that 10K pull up resistor helped!
Thanks a lot for help guys !

kobuki

Nice to hear you succeeded. BTW, you mean, you're running it on 16 MHz and 3.0V? If so I'm definitely interested in long-term stability. It would make powering the Moteinos from cheap batteries even more viable.

Lukapple

Yes,I'm using 3V Voltage Regulator. I'll let you know if there will be any problems with stability.

jra

I'd also be curious to hear about stability.  Running an ATMega328p on 3.3v@16MHz is a little out of spec, 3.0v@16MHz should be a lot out of spec.

bobe99

Quote from: Felix on April 17, 2014, 08:51:19 AM
Ok your problem is that CS (d10) is floating around when the radio is installed.
You will need to add a pull-up resistor on that pin. Use a 10K from D10 to 3.3V. That should fix it as long as your assembly is solid.

I'm a little confused. I have a "store" purchased Moteino w/RFM12b and it does not appear to have a 10k pullup between D10 and 3.3V. So what makes the resistor needed in this case and not in my case (assuming I just didn't miss the resistor while eyeballing the board)?

Felix

There is no 10k on the Moteinos on D10. That's needed for programming the RFM69 which floats the CS line, confusing the programmer. RFM12B doesn't do that.

Lukapple

I've tried to program another one, this time without RF module. Works fine without resistor. :)