[SOLVED] Can't compile sample RFM69 node example

Started by MikesTechBlog, March 21, 2014, 07:24:36 PM

MikesTechBlog

Hello,

Finally getting to look at Motenios with the RFM69 module (433 mHz). I downloaded your sample  code from here:

https://github.com/LowPowerLab/RFM69/tree/master/Examples/Node

I get the following error when I compile : line 106 "Class has no member named RSSI"

What am I doing wrong?
My Tech Blog:

Mike's Tech Blog

KanyonKris

Did you install the RFM69 library? Info, instructions and download here - https://github.com/LowPowerLab/RFM69

Felix

Yep you will need to get the latest library version, the RSSI was added as a variable sometime recently and if you got an older version it's not there.

MikesTechBlog

Thank you Felix! That did the trick. I must have accidentally grabbed an old library. Just a quick question, the RFM69 library you link to above also supports communication to RFM12B modules as well as support Freq. change vs. ambient temperature?

As always, the Motenio is a great platform!
My Tech Blog:

Mike's Tech Blog

Felix

You can achieve both those but not out of box.
For RFM12B you will need to strip down the features of RFM69 to make it backward compatible with RFM12B. So my take is that overall it's not worth it.
For freq drift - there are a few topics in the forum by john k2ox and others so you may want to browse his posts.