wireless programming GW

Started by NLC, January 15, 2014, 03:10:02 PM

NLC

absolute newbie, so pardon the question(s).

After uploading example sketches to my rcvr (I have the RFM69HW, 433), I wanted to re-install the GW sketch that came with it.
Downloaded and installed RFM69 from Github, I get verify/compile errors; I'm using the Arduino 1.0.5-r2:
WirelessProgramming_gateway.ino: In function 'void loop()':
WirelessProgramming_gateway:56: error: 'readSerialLine' was not declared in this scope
WirelessProgramming_gateway:62: error: 'CheckForSerialHEX' was not declared in this scope

What am I missing? Again, sorry if the answer is obvious. I'm just starting out from zero.

Felix

You need to install the WirelessHEX library.
Please read the wireless programming posts on my blog: http://lowpowerlab.com/blog/category/moteino/wireless-programming/

NLC

#2
Felix,
I also tried to compile/verify just the plain Gateway (w/o wireless programming) for the RFM69HW. I see these errors:
Gateway:24: error: 'SPIFlash' does not name a type
Gateway.ino: In function 'void setup()':
Gateway:39: error: 'flash' was not declared in this scope
Gateway.ino: In function 'void loop()':
Gateway:70: error: 'flash' was not declared in this scope
Gateway:73: error: 'flash' was not declared in this scope
Gateway:79: error: 'flash' was not declared in this scope
Gateway:86: error: 'flash' was not declared in this scope

What am I missing?

I'm confused. All I'm looking to do is to 'restore' my rcvr to 'factory setting' with the factory installed sketch. Also, how do I check to see if the optiboot on this moteino is ok?

Felix

You're missing the SPIFlash library. Did you read the page at moteino.com?

NLC

Corrected lib path, compiles ok now. Lesson learned, can't take any specific lib paths for granted. thx.