Author Topic: rfm69 on mega2560  (Read 848 times)

pumpmck

• NewMember
rfm69 on mega2560
« on: April 07, 2020, 03:00:44 PM »
I am trying to get the rfm69 to work on a mega2560 system that also is using
a W5100 shield .
Using the old rfm69 library that has a date of 2014 I can receive messages from a node fine if I disable the ethernet.begin. In looking at forum posts it is unclear to me whether anyone has successfully done this.
I did see references to changing the rfm69 to use a different interrupt, but that made no difference for me.
So then I thought I would try the later rfm69 library (with a date of 2018) to see if it made a difference.
I have not been able to get that library to work on the mega2560.

I have wired it up as follows

RFM69W pin -- Mega2560 Pin
NSS    <--    D44 (SS)    with level shifter
SCK    <--    D52 (SCK)      with level shifter
MISO  -->    D50 (MISO)    direct connection
MOSI  <--    D51 (MOSI)    with level shifter
DIO0   -->    D2 (INT0)       with level shifter
I am using the same sketch in both tests. The only difference is I change the preference in Arduino Ide to select the other rfm69 library. I am also printing out the pin #'s defined.

Attached are snapshots of the the console using old library. I added a #define with 2014 in the old library and 2018 in the newer one so I could print it out in the sketch to make sure I was loading the right library. The console looks the same when using the new library except that the date displayed is 2018 and no messages are received.
The gateway receives the nodes message fine using the old library, but I don't get anything when using the new library.

Both of these tests are with the same sketch. Only difference is what rfm69 library gets loaded.
The sketch attached is the one from the examples that I made changes to to remove the flash stuff and added print of the date I added to the libraries and the pin assignments.
Both of these test are with the same sketch. Only difference is what rfm69 library gets loaded.
The sketch attached is the one from the examples that I made changes to to remove the flash and added print of the date I added to the libraries and the pin assignments.
Not sure what to try next.