Design overview

Started by apoorv1in, December 28, 2019, 09:19:08 AM

apoorv1in

Hi Felix,

i am trying to design a similar product taking your design and ucurrent gold as reference.

I have a few questions related to the design.

Why have you used p-channel mosfet for switching the shunts. If i use a n-channel mosfet what will be the best way to drive the gate. I am thinking of putting an 10v boost converter to drive them. I have managed to design my first prototype but there are few issues which needs to be addressed.
Also i replicated the filter switching in my design but it does not work correctly. Do i need a mosfet or transistor as in your design.

Felix

Quote from: apoorv1in on December 28, 2019, 09:19:08 AM
Why have you used p-channel mosfet for switching the shunts. If i use a n-channel mosfet what will be the best way to drive the gate.
Each design is different and so there isn't a rule that you have to use a n-fet.
I can't guess what you might need without a schematic. Maybe in your design an n-fet makes more sense.