Additional board to compile firmware

Started by rlawther, January 07, 2019, 11:54:15 PM

rlawther

  Hi all,

  I was following the instructions on the Programming / firmware updates page, and tried to compile the firmware in Arduino IDE on Windows and got the error :

exec: "/bin/arm-none-eabi-g++": file does not exist
Error compiling for board CurrentRanger.


  After installing the Arduino SAM Boards (32-bits ARM Cortex-M3) board in the Arduino Boards Manager I could compile the code. Maybe this should be added to the instructions?

  Cheers!

     - Rob

Felix

You will need the Cortex-M0 package, not the M3, that's a different processor.
Also you will need the specific CurrentRanger package installed as well (looks like you may have done that already):
https://lowpowerlab.com/guide/currentranger/programming-firmware-updates/

rlawther

  Hi Felix,

  Yes you are correct, Cortex-M0 not Cortex-M3. I was just suggesting that this step could be added to the page at https://lowpowerlab.com/guide/currentranger/programming-firmware-updates/

  Cheers : )

    - Rob

Felix

Yup, thanks. But I think the Arduino IDE now ships with the SAMD M0 base package already installed since it's required for their Arduino M0 boards.
Not sure how yours required the M3 package, you should only need the M0 package.

lottabull

I just did a fresh install of Arduino IDE 1.8.8, and got the same error on compile.
Installing Arduino SAMD Boards (32-bits ARM Cortex-M0+) by Arduino fixed it.

Felix

#5
Thanks for the feedback, I added this tep to the guide.