The Moteino Framework Gateway software stack was updated and new sources are available at their Github repo, and also a new image with the changes is released (for the image link see the Gateway image page). Let’s call this v6, since it’s the 6th gateway image I’m releasing. This release addresses some bugs and adds some new features:
- Added ability to make HTTP requests from a node using the node request module. This means you could include controls that trigger a request to some IP in the LAN/WAN and does something. This is really cool because it means we can have non-Moteino based nodes that speak HTTP instead of RF, like commercial wifi thermostats. Which leads to …drum roll…
- …the addition of a specific type of open API wifi thermostat (Radio Thermostat CT50) that allows full control of HVAC equipment. I will review it and blog about this addition whenever I get some time. Also added a new node type and icon for the water meter:
- adding (injecting) a non-moteino node (ex for the thermostat I mentioned above) to the gateway nodes collection can now be done as easily as this (in the terminal screen, type a new node ID and “NEW” in the msg box, click SEND):
- Graph auto scaling, requested and discussed in this forum topic. The yaxis scale will automatically scale depending on the data viewed, very useful for highly variable or granular metrics, see the thread for screenshots of before/after and specific code changes to allow this.
- fixed a bug in the new log storage engine where negative data was stored as unsigned 32bit integers, thus being extracted as positive. Negative data should now be welcome.
- don’t allow graph live incoming data values when the graph was panned/zommed into a specific region
- migrated from sliders to top bar toggle buttons for node-visibility, metric-pinning, enable-graph. Sliders were a pain to work with.
- lots of other refactoring and optimizations especially in the metrics.js and UI areas
I hope you enjoy the new release.