Haven’t had much time to blog lately, too much stuff going on all fronts. That’s not to say LowPowerLab is idle, no no…. On the contrary the shop is keeping me busy and I have a few new projects I am working on. I am trying to bring a few kits to fruition.
First and foremost I’ve spent a lot of time developing an integrated solution for SwitchMote. I want this thing to come to life and just be awesome, I think I’ve spent way too much time on it to just let it die. I now have another prototype including a shield with 3 user buttons and 2 LEDs per button, which can all be used in any way, or left unpopulated if only 2 or 1 buttons are desired for a light switch. The point of having multiple buttons is being able to control or synch with other SwitchMotes or … do anything else you want like say … interact with GarageMote. I’ve managed to get a cover plate also that will be mounted on the wall to cover the switch box. I used the same diffused white I laser cut for the MotionMote project. I like that diffused white a lot, but there’s many possible colors on inventables.com to choose from. For now I am continuing to develop this project, write code, adding some basic mains protection and getting all the physical engineering of this thing right. So far I’m pretty happy, it’s a pretty good improvement over the first prototype I had: