To power ON the unit, simply tap the ON button once. To turn OFF the unit, press and hold the power button for ~2 seconds.
The CurrentRanger requires a standard LithiumPolymer/LithiumIon battery that charges to 4.2V. This ensures optimal operation through the full range of the battery discharge cycle (4.2V fully charged down to ~3.4V discharged).
- Lithium Polymer 3.7V battery (any capacity) with a standard JST 2mm pin pitch PH-series connector (the CurrentRanger part used is this one, and here is an example mating housing with corresponding inserts)
- Maximum battery dimensions to fit the case: 48x60mm (up to 10mm thick)
- Charges via MCP73831 charger (454mA charge current) from USB power
- the CurrentRanger will power ON when connected to USB and without a LiPo battery, but this is not a recommended use case
- To minimize noise pickup, keep battery leads as short as possible
If you have a battery but don’t have the correct JST mating connector, you can pick one up from the store here.
Typical power consumption*
- OFF quiescent current: 0.6µA
- ON: 17mA
- 18mA with LPF activated
- 20mA with Bias activated (Bidirectional)
- 21.5mA with LPF & Bias activated
- OLED adds ~5mA with 25% pixels ON
- HC-06 BT module adds up to extra 20mA with 40mA spikes during TX/pairing
* Note: this may vary slightly due to various LEDs and other resistors being changed from batch to batch.