Author Topic: SPI Conflict between RFM69 and SD library  (Read 28670 times)

Lensdigital

• Lensdigital
Re: SPI Conflict between RFM69 and SD library
« Reply #45 on: September 20, 2016, 01:02:15 PM »
Ha that's very interesting. I wanted to move on to ARM price, this one sounds like a dream! I might even be able to decode mp3 on it...
Thanks for suggestion!

boroko

• NewMember
Re: SPI Conflict between RFM69 and SD library
« Reply #46 on: May 10, 2018, 07:13:39 AM »
If that's not fast enough, you could change hardware to a CPU that has more than one hardware SPI port. You can get "official" Arduino software support using the same processor that's in the Arduino Zero and the Adafruit Feather M0.

You just saved me a bunch of panic.  Been working on a long project that requires sending fairly sizable data logs from a SD card over a RFM69.  Been working on the hardware, storage, and comm flow over USB, and was just starting to integrate the radio.  Everything I was seeing pointed to a big problem using the radio and the SD together.  Phew! 

Now if I can just understand how to migrate from wired comm to using the radio ...  Strangely, I'm having trouble finding examples of doing this with multi Kb files.  I would have thought it would be a heavily discussed topic. I'm looking to understand data structures better to see if that's my path.

bo
« Last Edit: May 10, 2018, 07:19:02 AM by boroko »