Author Topic: Range issues - MoteinoMEGA w/ trace antenna [solved - IS_RFM69HW]  (Read 776 times)

Rhood

• NewMember
Has anyone else had issues with the range on the Moteino MEGA w/  trace antenna. I am pairing it with a regular motieno with the soldered antenna and they have an effective rage that would be easiest measured in centimeters. The one with the antenna soldered on worked fine with other ones of it's type, the issue only started once I introduced the one with the trace antenna. Is this a problem anyone else has? Is it inherent to the ones with the Trace antenna? Do they have trouble talking to ones without trace antennas? I should mention that I have a lot of wiring going around the mega including some stuff pretty damn close to it, so it could be that but I rewired it so that the configuration was slightly better recently and the problem persists. Is it just me and I have to overhaul my design or is a common issue?
« Last Edit: April 19, 2017, 06:59:07 PM by Felix »

Felix

• Administrator
    • LowPowerLab
Re: Range issues with the Moteino MEGA w/ trace antenna?
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2017, 02:06:32 PM »
Centimeter range typically means mismatched settings somewhere.
The TRACE Moteinos at this point are to be used at 868-915mhz.
Also did you make sure you match the IS_RFM69HW setting  with your radio?

Rhood

• NewMember
Re: Range issues with the Moteino MEGA w/ trace antenna?
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2017, 02:49:32 PM »
Thank you! It's working. Even though I had already checked my settings and knew the frequency was right and I had the  I checked the settings and it turned out that I had defined IS_RFM69HWC and in the setup I had an ifdef loop that was checking if IS_RFM69HW was defined and then setting HighPower. Thanks for your help, I feel a tad silly now.