Author Topic: Question on setPowerLevel(?) for the antenna guru's  (Read 858 times)

KrisK

• NewMember
Question on setPowerLevel(?) for the antenna guru's
« on: June 20, 2019, 11:47:36 AM »
I have read several older forum posts and can't find the details to the following parameter settings:   If I don't turn on ATC and code in radio.setHighPower();   I assume I don't need to code in radio.setPowerLevel(X);     

The assumption is by turning on the radio.setHighPower the radio is at its max level.   Which would be the equivalent of setPowerLevel(31); 

Basically everything I am doing is currently working and I am getting great signal through several levels of a parking garage and line of sight distance of 400 to 500 yards.  In my testing I started to think; I needed to test what "setting the power level" would do.  If it would give me an extra 50 yards or an extra level of the parking garage.   Basically I am just being a testing nerd and wanting to test all possible options.  However If I test the setPowerLevel parameter that will take a bunch of time and or better code work on my part.

Thanks for any insight or help
Kris

Felix

• Administrator
    • LowPowerLab
Re: Question on setPowerLevel(?) for the antenna guru's
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2019, 01:07:13 PM »
what "setting the power level" would do
That will vary depending on many things. First you need to define what "would do" means.
That is why ATC is there to do this for you. You simply set a number and ATC does the rest. It ensures the power is ramped up if conditions change enough that signal is decreased at the gateway side.