Author Topic: Porting RFM12 library to AVR Libc?  (Read 3200 times)

EloyP

Porting RFM12 library to AVR Libc?
« on: February 16, 2014, 07:56:07 PM »
Hello,

Does anyone (I guess this is mostly directed at Felix ;-) ) know the level of effort involved in porting the RFM12/RFM69 libraries so they can be used with vanilla AVR Libc?

I use AVR Libc, not the Arduino libraries, for my projects. For the RFM12 I have been using this library:

http://www.das-labor.org/wiki/RFM12_library/en

However, it does not seem to be actively maintained and the API is not that great. I'd love to use the LowPowerLab RFM12 library but I am not willing to move to the Arduino environment so I can do that, so I wonder if anyone has tried to enclose the Arduino specific bits with #ifdef's.

Thanks in advance for any insight on this.

Cheers,

Eloy Paris.-

Felix

• Administrator
    • LowPowerLab
Re: Porting RFM12 library to AVR Libc?
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2014, 11:01:01 PM »
Eloy,
Welcome to the forum, I wish I had a positive answer but unfortunately I think most people use the Arduino IDE or at least trying to get by with it so most of my code is directed at that user pool.
I would guess you could gut some of the Arduino header files that the libraries depend on and use them with AVR libc. But these things always end up being a lot more headache than we plan for. If you end up attempting this please consider posting your progress.
Many thanks, Felix

EloyP

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2014, 10:15:39 AM »
Thanks Felix. I'll take a look at what's involved, and if I end up attempting the port, I'll definitely share whatever I come up with. No promises, though.

Cheers,

Eloy.-

mrTheWheel

• NewMember
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2014, 09:40:51 AM »
@eloy,
Is there any progress?
I'm using the Eclipse IDE which is very nice and would also like to use the RFM12 library without the Arduino overhead...
« Last Edit: February 25, 2014, 04:38:52 AM by mrTheWheel »