Author Topic: cold/hot temperature - effect on RFM69 reliability, RFM69NEW library?  (Read 1841 times)

labusr

• NewMember
Hello,
Planning to use RFM69HW modules in midwest, where summer temperatures get to 110F and winter to -10F in the extremes.

I ran across an older thread from Sept 2013 about cold temperatures messing up the frequency of transmissions from RFM69's.  User john_k2ox posted a new library that would do some temperature compensation to maintain transmission frequency.

I was wondering if anyone's tested the RFM69's in sub zero temperatures, and if this was necessary.  I'm still new to this.  I can't tell how the new library does the temperature compensation, if I'm suppose to call a function to do that compensation?

This was back a few months, maybe the new functions have automagically been included in the main LowPowerLab's RFM69 library?

This is the thread:
http://lowpowerlab.com/forum/index.php?topic=118.0

Felix

• Administrator
    • LowPowerLab
Re: cold/hot temperature - effect on RFM69 reliability, RFM69NEW library?
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2014, 02:38:43 PM »
The library hasn't changed much since it's release.
I've had my mailbox notifier run through the brutal winter here, and it was the battery that suffered a lot more than the Moteino which did its job without interruption.
The temps have been very much sub zero with long periods never reaching 0.

labusr

• NewMember
Re: cold/hot temperature - effect on RFM69 reliability, RFM69NEW library?
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2014, 06:35:04 PM »
Thanks for the response Felix!