Author Topic: Weathershield Sketch "can't find .h files"  (Read 1859 times)

LaneF

• NewMember
Weathershield Sketch "can't find .h files"
« on: September 14, 2015, 05:52:28 PM »
I'm just starting out in the Moteino World.  I've learned alot, but I have a ways to go.  I just want to verify the Gateway was working and get something very simple talking on 433Mhz before I move on to the tough stuff.

I've read many post on this form and others about the libraries and the folder locations.

When I first load the sketch into Arduino IDE, CodeBender or JSFiddle the first thing I do is verify  what's missing.  I have checked over and over and all the required folders are found in my Mac at ... Mac HD/users/My Name/Documents/Arduino/libraries.  I've restarted the editing programs to make sure it get's a fresh read on the libraries, but when I verify the code it kicks out all the .h files as missing.

Thanks for your help

Felix

• Administrator
    • LowPowerLab
Re: Weathershield Sketch "can't find .h files"
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2015, 08:24:10 AM »
Hi Lane,
Sorry to hear about your library troubles.
I have a guide here explaining how to get started with programming. Part of that is how to install the libraries correctly. All my libs are published at my Github repository, you will need to identify which libs your sketches are using and then download the ZIP from the individual github repositories, extract them to the Arduino IDE library folder. I am not sure where that is on a mac, but refer to the guide above or this official guide.

LaneF

• NewMember
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2015, 12:03:38 PM »
Thanks for the reply Felix.

I still don't know why the current version wouldn't pick up those .h files but the solution was a re-install of Arduino IDE.

I deleted the current version and installed 1.6.1 from the previous versions library, under downloads on www.arduino.cc .

WORKED FIRST TIME!

The strange thing about the most current version was that the under menu "Sketch/Import Library", all the folders for the .h files were listed at the bottom.  But IDE couldn't find them when I verified the code.  Strange.  You said in your billion or so post not to trust the current IDE versions, so that gave me the idea to load 1.6.1 and it worked first try. 

Thanks - on to the next problem

TomWS

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2015, 12:17:46 PM »
...You said in your billion or so post not to trust the current IDE versions, ...
The sad but truism of the Arduino IDE.

Tom

Felix

• Administrator
    • LowPowerLab
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2015, 12:31:58 PM »
Cool, glad that worked.