LowPowerLab Forum

Hardware support => Projects => Topic started by: Kilo95 on July 09, 2016, 09:25:04 AM

Title: Sonarmote
Post by: Kilo95 on July 09, 2016, 09:25:04 AM
I have a sonarmote set up on my sump pump. It has worked like a charm up until yesterday when a accidentally dropped a few drops of water on the outside of the plastic case. I removed it from its location and tried to dry it off but I have been getting some readings all over the place since then. It updates to the gateway normally so I assume the moteino USB is fine. What are the odds that it could be the actual sonar sensor? I'll attach a screen shot. On the left hand side it was working normally, on the far right is now. It seems to have some of the same general shape but it's not right. I've spent probably an hour repositioning to no avail
Title: Re: Sonarmote
Post by: Felix on July 11, 2016, 08:21:50 AM
A few drops should not kill anything, provided it's not short circuiting anything and it's dried before any damage/erosion occurs.
The data is actually not looking that bad. I am sure it's just a matter of fine tuning the position of the sensor so it has a more ideal path to the water surface. It works with ultrasound so if it bounces in a weird way from the inside of the sump well (walls, the pump itself or whatever else) it might throw the readings off like that. This happens to me sometimes when I recharge the unit and need to reposition it, takes a little fiddling to get it right.