Author Topic: RasPi automation Gateway - repeated shutdowns after installing shutdowncheck.sh  (Read 1468 times)

sulterry

• NewMember
I don't think I did anything wrong.  :P  After installing shutdowncheck.sh and entering reboot command Pi halted after the reboot.  I hooked up ATXRasPi and pushed button.  Pi booted but halted immediately.  Is there any way to remove the line added to etc/rc.local now or am I going to have to start over with a clean SD card?  How can I prevent it from happening again?  (Actually, I did forget to hook up the lines from ATXRaspi to pins 24 and 26 on the pi the first time I tried to start it with ATXRasPi.)

Thanks

Terry S

Felix

• Administrator
    • LowPowerLab
Yeah, will need to connect the wires otherwise the Pi pins will float and the script will pick that up and do the shutdown.
To undo, connect the shutdown signal on the Pi to GND. Then it should not reboot.

sulterry

• NewMember
Man, I am so sorry to take up your time.  In my haste to get boot and shutdown wires hooked up, I reversed them.

When hooking up pin 24 to ground didn't work I looked closer.  Took a while but....

Everything is working fine now.  Thanks for being here!

Terry S

Felix

• Administrator
    • LowPowerLab
No problem, that's why this forum is here. Glad it worked out!