Author Topic: Network of 25 or more PIR sensors  (Read 1979 times)

SuperGeodude

• NewMember
Network of 25 or more PIR sensors
« on: February 23, 2014, 08:59:05 AM »
I am trying to design a network of 25 PIR sensors that wirelessly report back to a central receiver. The receiver's display will need to indicate which PIR sensor has detected movement by lighting a numbered corresponding LED. Eventually I would like to have have each sensor be able to report date and time of activity and the receiver be able to display the detailed data. Each sensor would need to be able to transmit the data over a distance of approximately 800 meters. I have studied the MotionMote article and believe that I can adapt it to fit my needs, but the tricky part would be to build the receiver.

Felix

• Administrator
    • LowPowerLab
Re: Network of 25 or more PIR sensors
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2014, 09:47:03 AM »
Tricky in terms of hardware? I don't believe so, but I guess it depends on your experience.
800m is a bit aways. You probably won't be able to get that far without some special antenna/library measures. See the sticky threads in the forum about that. The good thing about the motion motes is that you only need 1 byte to send when something happens.

SuperGeodude

• NewMember
Re: Network of 25 or more PIR sensors
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2014, 06:39:31 AM »
Thanks Felix! I received my package in the mail yesterday! Can't wait to get started. The 800 meters actually shouldn't be that hard, I have got a couple of ideas, basic ant theory in action. I will be making directional antennas and keeping them up fairly high. The receiver on the other hand, must be omni-directional.