Author Topic: My NES Pi  (Read 2940 times)

koala3

• NewMember
My NES Pi
« on: September 01, 2013, 05:27:07 PM »
First post, nice small little community here. Hopefully it will keep growing with the right kind of people.
So here she is. The original power switch and LED are functional, thanks to the ATXRasPi, doing research on how to mimic a keyboard stroke with putting a IO pin high and then the reset button will also be functional. Both control ports work with a classy retro controller. Will be adding hidden SNES ports after some are sourced.

If anyone could point me to where to read up on the IO pin keyboard stroke that would be awesome.

Felix

• Administrator
    • LowPowerLab
Re: My NES Pi
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2013, 09:49:01 PM »
Wow nice project!
Do add more pictures as you progress, would like to know how this moves forward.
This could be a nice candidate project for hack-a-day or other such sites for hacked retro platforms.

koala3

• NewMember
Re: My NES Pi
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2013, 10:59:41 PM »
Thanks! I never intended it to be such a project but it's been a load of fun and a little bit of learning, not much though since it was mostly just typing in other people's work.
Will have to look into some of those sites to post this on soon.
Edit:
My short HDMI extension cable came in, thinking up a better looking way to mount it in the hole but until then, it functions as I want and is complete except SNES ports.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2013, 10:47:34 PM by koala3 »