Author Topic: Mote with GPS  (Read 19509 times)

dom67911

• NewMember
Re: Mote with GPS
« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2014, 01:48:34 PM »
Hi bryonwausau, I'm going to start a similar project and may be able to help.
Would you mind sharing the code you have so far?

ejo60

• NewMember
« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2014, 04:56:00 PM »
I'm not sure whether this project is still alive, but in the attached code for an arduino atmel328p I have the adafruit GPS chip, a 16*2 LCD display and a Bosch pressure sensor on i2c. If you go through the code then there is somewhere the routine DoScreen5 which shows you how to calculate a variable azimuth, that is the variable you need to control your leds. Well, in my case I simply print it in the LCD display, and it is calculated for the current position relative to home or a waypoint depending in what screen you are. It is about the maximum that can fit in the atmel328p chip. On a moteino you don't want to run this code because Felix used port 2 and 8 to 13 for the RFM module and the serial flash. But pull the LCD driver out of my sketch, and also the BMP code, and you probably get very close to the point where you want to be. Use the adafruit library as in this sketch, and trigger on the pps to synchronize with the second tick marks. Neat device the adafruit gps board.

« Last Edit: July 16, 2014, 04:58:58 PM by ejo60 »

luisr320

« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2016, 12:25:10 PM »
ejo60: what do you mean with "and trigger on the pps to synchronize with the second tick marks"?
I'm trying to figure out a reason for using the PPS function but can't really understand its usefulness.