Author Topic: GarageMote Kit  (Read 16088 times)

ssmall

Re: GarageMote Kit
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2015, 07:17:44 PM »
Make sure you have shutdown all instances of the Arduino code editor after you have installed the libs.  do the files WirelessHEX69.h and WirelessHEX69.cpp files exist under the WirelessProgramming_master directory?

Noble7ven

• NewMember
« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2015, 08:54:01 PM »
Hi ssmall,

I've made sure that I have those files in the pertaining folder underneath the WirelessProgramming_master dir.

And here is the error that I get when I make sure that all instances of arduino are closed then I open up Arduino IDE.

Thanks for the help ... i'm not well versed.
Cheers,
Noble7ven

ssmall

« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2015, 09:07:53 PM »
According to your first image, the directory that is referenced is SPIFlash_master not WirelessProgramming_master.  The problem is that the compiler cannot find WirelessHEX69.h.  What directory is that file in?

Noble7ven

• NewMember
« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2015, 12:33:44 AM »
Hi ssmall,

The wirelesshex69.h is in is own folder.

I was thinking that the only two folders I needed was the RFM69 and SPIFlash?

Cheers,
Noble7ven

Felix

• Administrator
    • LowPowerLab
« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2015, 07:51:15 AM »
The name of the library folder is wrong. Remove "_master". It has to match the name of the library files themselves ......

Noble7ven

• NewMember
« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2015, 08:50:23 PM »
Hi Felix and Fellow Friends,

I was able to upload the sketch's to the moteino's! It was all down to using a smaller cord rather than the 4ft one I had.

Now that the moteino's are working I am stuck yet again ... I swear I do hope I can get this going some time haha.

The moteino's themselves with the hall sensors can detect the magnets and then report the position of the garage door. However it will not report anything when I ask for a status. I also cannot hear the relay click on and off when I go to click open/close the garage.

I've checked all the solder points and they are good to go. Not sure but I'm thinking it is a hardware error (On my part) than anything else.

I will include a photo of what the webpage outputs and the recent is it trying to query a status but outputting nothing.

Cheers,
Noble7ven

Felix

• Administrator
    • LowPowerLab
« Reply #21 on: February 23, 2015, 08:21:27 AM »
The guide walks you through and tells you how to test it on your bench before you install it. It's easier to debug there than after being placed on your opener. It's another small detail somewhere, just impossible to guess what you might have missed :)

Noble7ven

• NewMember
« Reply #22 on: February 25, 2015, 01:11:14 AM »
Hey Felix, :)

I have given it a proper go with testing the GarageMote base through the Ftdi chip using Arduino terminal. I was able to move the magnets back and forth to register as well as entering "r" for the relay test and I can hear the sweet click of it working :)
(Using this page http://lowpowerlab.com/garagemote/#programming)

However when I unplug the GarageMote base from the computer and plug it in to the wall with the 5v power adapter, I get the same time_out with trying to query its status through the webpage. I'm not really sure on what would cause this disconnect.
 - I have double checked to make sure I have the most current index.php off of Github which I do.
 - I have triple checked to make sure I have the following:
    *node -v   (0.10.28)
    *npm -v    (1.4.9)

I might do a clean install and start from scratch with the raspberry pi portion ... it can't hurt me much since I've been at this for a couple months now haha.

Just like you mentioned before, I have a feeling it is probably the smallest detail I'm missing but just wanted to share my struggles with hopes this helps someone in the future going through what I am.

Thanks again Felix and ssmall for all the help the both of you have provided to me along my journey. When I am able to finally get this working I shall buy you guys a beer or whatever beverage you guys prefer.

Cheers,
Noble7ven

Felix

• Administrator
    • LowPowerLab
« Reply #23 on: February 25, 2015, 10:52:01 AM »
Take baby steps, isolate the problem by testing each individual part. First make sure the GMote can talk to the gateway Mote and that the gateway can send and receive messages to your garage mote. Once that is working you should verify your webstack. The nodejs script has to be able to be forwarded through the nginx webserver. All those details are included in the blog page of this setup. That is a fine mechanism with several essential components that all have to be setup right otherwise your webpage might load but if it can't talk to the websocket nothing will work.