Author Topic: DIY Colorful LED Glasses  (Read 996 times)

Feather

• NewMember
DIY Colorful LED Glasses
« on: October 09, 2016, 06:34:52 AM »
How to DIY a RGB LED Glasses as the image showed.

Step 1: The creation of the PCB
In this video you can see how I designed the PCB. And you could find my project through https://easyeda.com/feather/LED_Glasses-y5FfBbxus

Step 2: Let's start soldering!

If you've got all the components I suggest testing all the LED's and after that you can start soldering!

If you've never soldered any SMD components before I highly suggest you look up a tutorial on internet!
Let me know if you want me to do one as well.

Start by soldering all the Capacitors into place since these take less skill to solder.
The easiest way to do this is by tinning one pad, heating up the tinned pad and place the capacitor onto the molten tin. Once the tin has hardened you can solder the other side of the capacitor and the capacitor should be all good!
Now the harder part, the LED's. These take some soldering skill and you might break a few LED's during this process so make sure you've got some spare!
You basically use the same technique as before, but this time you have to watch the polarity and you have to align them perfectly in order to get the best result.

Step 3: How to connect the shades to your Arduino
« Last Edit: October 09, 2016, 06:39:19 AM by Feather »

Felix

• Administrator
    • LowPowerLab
Re: DIY Colorful LED Glasses
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2016, 08:34:20 AM »
Nice tut, thanks, would be great to give it more dynamic control via a Moteino :D