Author Topic: Case for project  (Read 942 times)

Kilo95

Case for project
« on: October 26, 2017, 07:36:10 PM »
I am looking for a case for a Weathershield, 7.5F super cap, and Moteino. I was thinking of using a 4”x4”x2” plastic electrical junction box with a waterproof lid and tilt it up on the edge. I figured to still a couple of 1/2-3/4” holes on the sides at the bottom and cover with screen so it’d have air flow and put a rubber plug in somewhere to pass the coax for the dipole antenna and wire for the solar panel. The electronic stuff would have to be mounted toward the top so it wouldn’t get wet if any moisture got in. I am looking for suggestions on how to mount the super cap and Moteino/WS in the top of it so it doesn’t get wet. I thought of hot glue but then I’d have trouble getting it back out if I ever needed to. It’ll be outside so I’m thinking the adhesive on double sided tape wouldn’t last. I know someone has an idea

redpoll123

• NewMember
Re: Case for project
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2017, 08:57:39 PM »
VELCRO Hook & Loop  Sticky Back Tape
I used a 4x4x2 pvc junction box for the MightHat and used velcro tape to mount it.
It's very secure and still comes out.

Kilo95

Re: Case for project
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2017, 09:30:22 PM »
I knew someone had an idea. I have concerns how well the sticky tape will hold up in the extreme cold. I may hot glue or epoxy a spot on the Velcro strap to the junction box so it’ll be more secure. I love the Velcro idea. I’ll post pictures when I’m done