Author Topic: Blynk Gateway with ESP12F+RFM69HW  (Read 1977 times)

luisr320

Blynk Gateway with ESP12F+RFM69HW
« on: March 13, 2019, 09:53:44 PM »
Hi! I'm making a Gateway to connect my Home automation system with Blynk (www.blynk.io).
I managed to have the hardware and the firmware stable enough to get a PCB fabricated to continue my tests.

This is the breadboard prototype:

And this is the PCB design:

I'll post the schematics and the libraries I'm using as the project develops.
It has OTA and a webserver to configure the network data.

At the present time I can use Blynk to send Virtual Pin commands to the ESP for processing, that will then send the commands to the RFM69 via SPI to my present Gateway, that is connected to my HomeAutomation.

Next step will by to have a USB port to connect it direclly to avoid a "middleman".

Maybe it will become a new idea for Felix to evolve the Moteino to Wifi without having to use a Raspbarry Pi :).
I'm also planning to have a stackable board with a USB connection

Felix

• Administrator
    • LowPowerLab
Re: Blynk Gateway with ESP12F+RFM69HW
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2019, 09:53:16 AM »
Nice project, thanks for sharing that here Luis!
I think it can be well suited for a small lightweight, few node network, that just passes the data somewhere else for storage.

Maybe it will become a new idea for Felix to evolve the Moteino to Wifi without having to use a Raspbarry Pi :).
Not sure would call it "evolve" from a Pi, they are very different boards with different capabilities.
When a customer wants to deploy a network with hundreds or thousands of nodes, lots of data, it's not really professional to present a stack that includes an ESP gateway, and a 3rd party app that runs in an 3rd party cloud that we have no control over. I'm not mistaken Blynk only has mobile support, correct?
I am trying to build systems that can encompass most potential applications, from lightweight to large scale integration.

Anyway I will watch your developments with a lot of interest.

luisr320

Re: Blynk Gateway with ESP12F+RFM69HW
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2019, 09:39:19 PM »
Here is the schematic for this project: